EUDC Improvements

I use Emacs Unified Directory Client (EUDC) for completing email addresses from LDAP and BBDB databases. It’s nice to be able to complete names from LDAP when composing emails, obviously, but it’s also nice in Org mode to M-x eudc-expand-inline someone’s name into my notes. When I first configured the EUDC LDAP backend for my […]

Excorporate 0.6.0: Exchange integration for Emacs

Here is Excorporate version 0.6.0. New in this release: – Support for overriding settings autodiscovery by manually configuring an EWS URL – A check to prevent soap-client conflicts with other packages – Handle user@sub.domain.com/autodiscover.domain.com autodiscovery case – Support for Exchange 2013 (via the new API addition, exco-server-version) Thanks to everyone who tested autodiscovery on the […]

Emacs and TWiki

At work I have cause to edit a TWiki that my team uses for internal documentation. I wanted to use Emacs for this task, so that I wouldn’t need to interact with a web browser text area widget. I couldn’t find anything that did that, so I took the closest thing I could find, erin.el, […]

Advice, serial-term and U-Boot

At work I make heavy use of the GNU Emacs mode serial-term to interface with various target boards. The boards all run U-Boot with a 5 second autoboot timeout. I often want to power-cycle a group of boards, then stop them all at the U-Boot prompt before they autoboot. It’s a race to C-x b […]

Think Penguin

I bought a ThinkPenguin.com laptop for my Mom for her birthday. She’s a long time GNU/Linux user and she was ready for an upgrade from her ThinkPad T41. I decided to try ThinkPenguin.com. I’m really impressed with their service and their product. The laptop shipped within a few days, and when it arrived it had […]

Android Development

A patch I wrote for mobileorg-android was accepted and shipped to the Market in mobileorg-android 0.4.8. It works around lighttpd’s missing support for the Expect HTTP header. The issue was that pulling from lighttpd to the phone would work, but pushing from the phone to lighttpd wouldn’t. To debug the problem I set up an […]